Things To Do In Marloth Park
Marloth Park is a treasure trove of wildlife, birds and plants. You can enjoy all aspects of the local fauna and flora right here in Maroth Park, in the following ways:
- Take a walk along the peaceful Marloth Roads.
- Take a drive along the scenic Crocodile River, bordering on Kruger Park.
- Cycling - Bring your bike! Marloth Park is a favourite among cyclists.
- Lionspruit Reserve - Home to Lions, Buffalo and Rhinos.
- Marloth has many great restaurants.
- Local amenities include shops, petrol station, liquor stores, and a post office.
- Birdwatching - sit/ walk quietly and enjoy the rich birdlife.
- Picnic - Picnic along the fence along the Crocodile River, from where the Big 5 are often seen drinking in Kruger Park.
- Swim or play tennis at the Henk Van Rooyen centre.
Things To Do In the Area
Marloth Park's ideal location gives guests easy access to many wonderful activities and landmarks - these are just a few:
- Kruger National Park - self-drive visits with access from either the Crocodile Bridge Gate (14km) or the Malelane Gate (45km).
- Book a Safari into Kruger Park with an experienced guide. Open & closed air-conditioned vehicles avail. (Book in advance to avoid disappointment).
- Horse Riding at Komatipoort.
- Golfing at a choice of top local golf courses.
- Panoramic Tour world-renowned sites like Bourke's Luck Potholes and the Blyde River Canyon.
- Botanical Gardens - Nelspruit is home to beautiful Botanical Gardens - perfect for a picnic.
- Nelspruit has several malls which will please the desires of any experienced shopper.
- Chimp Eden - A Chimp Sanctuary in Barberton. Tours are at 10 am, 12 pm, and 14 pm daily, and cost R 190 per person.
- Tiger Fishing - Excursions from 6 am - 11 am, or 1 pm - 6 pm daily, on the Komati River. Cost: Local guest -R650 p/p. International guest - R 730 p/p.
- Sunset and Bird-watching Cruises - Komati River (3 Hours). Cost: Local guest - R 350 p/p. International guest - R 390 p/p.
- Animal Sanctuaries: Moholoholo and Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre (pre-booking essential).